cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower connection seems to be happening more often

Tomtay79
Dabbler

Slower connection seems to be happening more often

So I have the fastest download package plusnet have to offer but recently it always seems to be between 39-42mb occasionally 50mb. My upload speed is the same as before @18mb.
I have 2 devices connected (all disconnected while testing the ping).
This has been going on for a few months now and I want to know why I'm not getting the speed I paid for for majority of the time.
Also noticing the router shutting down now and again while I'm gaming.
2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Slower connection seems to be happening more often

Hi @Tomtay79,

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Bish2

Re: Slower connection seems to be happening more often

Faults Plus Net replies with, there is a problem. I have tried everything to report a problem with my FTTC connnection includeing phoneing in the contact section. Most frustrating. My problem is as follows,

19th of June my contract started and was advised a minimum speed of 14.60 Mbps, My average speed is 11.50 Mbps not including the many low speeds ranging 2.80 to 9.6. To counter this I have had to reboot the router many times.

On checking my router Plusnet Hub One router logs it appears the earliest logs show November last year, this leads me to suspect I have been supplied with somebody elses rejected item. 

I have tried to get further by reporting my problems on Face Book and Trust Pilot, but nothing helps to enable some proper feedback. PLEASE SOME FEEDBACK