cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower Broadband with Plusnet

Andy_G

Slower Broadband with Plusnet

I switched from BT Infinity 2 to plusnet over a week ago. As both services offer speeds up to 76Mb, I'm surprised that my connection is now 49Mb when previously BT infinity I had 69Mb, is this normal to get a slower connection with Plusnet?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Slower Broadband with Plusnet

It shouldn't be but when you change suppliers I understand that the DLM is reset so the line goes back to a 6dB profile and G Inp is turned off. You may have previously been on a 3dB profile with G Inp enabled. If this is the case then your line will re-adjust with time and you should get your speed back up.

On the other hand it has been known for Plusnet to screw up the line profile.

Having come from BT do you still have your old BT router? Both the Home Hub 5b and Smarthub 6 can be used with Plusnet. Setting up instructions can be found in the Router forum. The Plusnet Hub One is essentially a rebadged Home Hub 5a and is rather long in the tooth, so it may be worth trying a swap. It is definitely worth it if you have a Smarthub 6.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I have updated Fault Ticket: 165014429, if you let me know once you have responded and I will pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Andy_G

Hi,

I have responded to your update of the fault ticket.

Thanks