cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower And Slower Upload Speed

Twister1264
Dabbler

Slower And Slower Upload Speed

My upload speed seems to be getting slower and slower the past couple of months.   It used to be around 7mbps now its 1.98mbps.  Download speed seems fine and stable at around 47mbps and on a 3db snr profile. Can anyone check to see why?  Many thanks.  

8 REPLIES 8
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Slower And Slower Upload Speed

@Twister1264,

Sorry you're having problems. 

I've tested your connection and the upstream sync is very low for your line at 2meg (the estimates are minimum 4.8meg, maximum 8.9meg).

Part of the testing process tries to detect any possible interference and over a period of 14 days regular interference is being detected by the testing, in my experience this could be mean nothing but it could also be an indication of an issue. 

3db can also cause problems on connections, but it isn't affecting your downstream sync or throughput so initially going through the process of resetting the line, which can be a chore on FTTC connections, is probably not worth it at this early stage.

At the moment I think the best solution is a process of elimination. So I'd like to test the connection with all the internal wiring isolated to make sure this isn't causing your issues. If possible can you confirm your internal setup to make sure something internally isn't causing the upstream sync drop.

The easiest way to do this is to unplug all devices and wiring from sockets relating from your telephone number and plugging your router directly into the test socket. The test socket is found behind the faceplate of your master socket. Please let us know if you need any advice locating your master socket, or the test socket.

Once it's plugged into the test socket can you let us know so we can retest it to see if this changes the sync results -  Joe

Twister1264
Dabbler

Connected as above. Modem direct into test socket and everything else disconnected.  Thanks. 

Twister1264
Dabbler

a couple of screenshots from dlstats

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, in order to investigate this further and look into your account I have raised a ticket on the account since we are now dealing with account specific information. You can view and respond to the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
Twister1264
Dabbler

Can anyone get back to me on my open ticket please? I was asked for a time and date so a Openreach engineer can visit. I gave a time and date on Monday evening for today (15th Aug) for a visit and no one from Plusnet have got back to me yet. Thanks.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Twister1264

My apologies that nobody booked this in for you - we don't actively track open faults tickets within the social media team, so its likely that my colleague was unaware that you'd responded until your prompt today.

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to book an appointment for today as all engineers are allocated at least 24 hours in advance.

If you could provide further availability on your fault ticket here and then respond to this thread to indicate that you've done so, I'll make sure this is booked as a priority.

Best wishes,

Dave

Twister1264
Dabbler

Ticket now updated with another date.  Thanks

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, than you for the update. I have just updated your ticket with the booked appointment, you can review the ticket by clicking here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team