Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowdown with new ip address

frosty8
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Slowdown with new ip address

Another disconnection at 8.10am but this time for the better and I'm back in London !

I hope this IP address can survive the journey back upstairs.

Speed back.GIF

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @frosty8, thanks for getting back to us and I'm happy to hear the the speeds look to have returned to normal. Upon testing this side we can see the download back at 36.5Mbps and upload at 7.4Mbps.
We are detecting however a potential underlying fault which wasn't appearing yesterday in our tests but is today. The fault we are detecting is a impairment in copper joint and can be caused both internally or externally to the property with currently our testing not identifying which of the 2 it is. It doesn't look to be impacting your speeds or causing any unnecessary drops so it's your call from here whether you are wanting to progress the fault further.
If so, then although I can see you've tried the test socket for troubleshooting the missing speeds, the best way we can determine whether the impairment is internal or external is by your plugging the router back into the test socket and then we re-test from this side to see if the issue persist. If so then we can be sure it's nothing internal and therefore look to arrange getting an engineer out to investigate further.
Please let us know if you're wanting to progress the potential fault and if so when you're set up in the test socket again. Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

frosty8
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi @BD , thanks for the reply. I will leave things as they are for the time being because speeds seem to be ok at the moment and setting up the router and phone downstairs (under a bed) is a pain.

The only copper joint in the house that I can think it could be is on the faceplate to the extension I use. I doubt it is that but If the problem recurs I will check that and use the test socket again. I will let you know if that happens, cheers.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

That's seems like a wise idea @frosty8. I wouldn't worry about troubleshooting the fault if it's not actually impacting your connection, performance or speeds. But yeah, if you do set back up in the test socket then please let us know.