cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow wifi

Dg2

Slow wifi

I am getting very slow speed on my iPhone (less than 1) when connected to my home hub. Other devices download at around 30 when connected to the same hub. The phone connects to all other networks no problem and achieves the same speed as any other devices. It’s only this phone with this network.

Any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Slow wifi

Hey @Dg2,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to see read that your iPhone is having trouble connecting to our router, can you confirm which generation this is? I ask as some devices are better suited the 2.4ghz frequency & aren't compatible on the 5ghz. I would suggest going ahead with splitting the frequencies as per this guide here and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Dg2

It is an iPhone 7.
I tried changing the router settings as above and when I logged in got a DL speed about the same as other devices.
5 minutes later it was back under 1.
???????
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Dg2, thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear the issue persists with your Iphone. I've looked over your connection and taken some steps via your account which hopefully will resolve the issues you've been having. I've updated a ticket on your account with the steps I've taken which can be seen here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197558945
Let us know how it goes.