cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

Johnstephen35

Slow upload speed

We have been on Unlimited Fibre extra since last June.

Since that time our upload speed has averaged around 1 Mbps. My wife finally spoke to Plusnet yesterday and they told her to plug the router into the master socket for 3 days.

This causes us an issue because our master socket is nowhere near a power outlet and will require us to trail an extension lead across our hall. This is obviously a H&S issue.

Can anyone tell me how I can check this another way? I have read on the forum that this problem can be caused if our line is "banded"

Surely someone can check this at Plusnet to confirm that the technology outside our house is working.

We are getting download speeds of 40 upwards so that is ok.

Help

Thanks

John

2 REPLIES 2
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow upload speed

What PN can't do is check the technology inside your house without your help.

You could cover the extension lead across the hallway with a mat. Naturally one that meets the necessary British Standard non slip specification.

Extension sockets are often a problem even with a quality router. You might benefit from getting the master socket moved.

Johnstephen35

Re: Slow upload speed

Thanks for your reply TeeGee. 

We have been down a similar road before and the problem has always been an external issue.

Last night I was getting 55 mbps download and 0.65 mbps upload.

I have raised a ticket with Plusnet to investigate before I have to turn my hall into an assault course.