Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

gargy2002
Grafter

Slow upload speed

Hi guys,

I just wonder if anyone in Manchester is experiencing the same issue like me. The connection came down from 73Mbps to 50Mbps at best and upload from 17Mbps to 0.45Mbps lately. The only thing I did was to order the Plusnet TV but don't use it that much. I had to allow multicast in the router (Asus RT-AC66U) but nothing major so shouldn't be the problem.

Cheers, Pepe

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow upload speed

Hi there,

I've just been looking into this and line test do point towards a potential fault.

I'd still try ruling out what you can here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Once you have I'd get a fault reported at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gargy2002
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply!! I have a fibre broadband with the BT modem on the wall. The phone works and I have checked the speed from another laptop with a different connection (home plugs, wifi) and it stays around 50Mbps download and 0.2-0.4Mbps upload which is the real problem here because that 50Mbps is still a decent connection.

Edit: Reported the fault and did some diagnostics on the like through the BT Performance Test..

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries,

We've reported the fault with our suppliers, I've just chased it up and can see a performance issue has been identified so an engineer visit would be the next step to take.

I've just sent you an update on the ticket regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gargy2002
Grafter

Thanks,  I have had a chat with a Plusnet guy yesterday morning and he determined there is an issue with the line. He said that he will contact BT Openreach to fix this and they let me know in 72 hours. Thanks a lot anyway.

Pepe

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

gargy2002
Grafter

Just to let everyone know that my issue has been resolved by replacing the master socket. A BT Openreach guy replaced it and the broadband is up and running like before. Cheers Plusnet!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to hear! Thanks for following up and replying to let us know how it went.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.