cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed?

flap610
Dabbler

Slow upload speed?

My internet went down about an hour ago and has only just come back up, so I though I would check my speeds, something I haven't done for ages and I noticed one thing that seems to have changed. My current download/upload speeds are 36.52/1.78Mbps. The download speeds are fine but when i first started using PlusNet, I used to get upload speeds of 6Mbps. The BT wholesale speed check states, that my fastest upload speed is now 2Mbps, which seems to verify my new results. Am I correct in assuming that my results are the fastest I can acheive now? It's not really much of a problem, I'm just after verification.

Also I have noticed that the 'broadband' light on my router never seems to be green and never lights up, is this normal? My router is a 2704n.

Here are my speed test results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5299835970

Thanks in advance of any info Cheesy

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow upload speed?

Hi there,

The fastest upload speed available on the package you have (Unlimited Fibre) is 2mb so that does seem to be about right.

The issue with the light on your router just sounds to me like the LED may have stopped working for some reason.

I hope that helps to clarify things somewhat and do let me know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flap610
Dabbler

Thanks Adam Smiley

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

If your router is connected to an Openreach modem then the broadband light won't light up because it's the Openreach modem that's synchronised with the cabinet and not the router.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

flap610
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply bobpullen, that will be the reason the green light is never lit, it's good to know it isn't a problem with the router Smiley