cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

GrottoTree
Grafter

Slow upload speed

Something must not be quite right with my Fibre broadband service as I am only getting around 38-40 Mbps down and 5-6 Mbps up; where as during the first month of having my fibre broadband back in 2013 I was getting 55 down and 15 up. I have also noticed my speed has dropped slowly over the last 2 years. My speed results are the same whether I use speedtest.net or the BT openreach speed checker.
I work in IT so am very sure the problem is not at my end , other than the possibility of my ECI VDSL modem not functioning quite right. I have a wired CAT 6 connection directly to my computer and my gigabit LAN is all fine, so no problem there as far as I can tell.
Just wondering if any on here can put in a request for my IP profile to be reset so I can re go the 10 day training period. I have also added the "Pro Add on" in the mean time to see if it will make a difference to my upload speed.
Strangely as well my Fibre broadband product is listed as "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre" and not "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra". I am now even more confused as what product I am on as my upload speed is in excess of 1.9Mbps but on the other hand no mention of "Extra" is mentioned in my account under product chnage.
Anyway, If anyone can help me out with my upload speed as that is what is most important to me. Big difference between 5Mbps and 15Mbps up.
Regards: Jacquie.
2 REPLIES 2
GrottoTree
Grafter

Re: Slow upload speed

Anyone?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow upload speed

I'm just testing the line now.
Just wondering if any on here can put in a request for my IP profile to be reset so I can re go the 10 day training period

Unfortunately not, we don't have that ability on fibre connections.
The testing is showing a potential issue with the copper line. Can you try a single handset into the master socket and dial 17070 to see if there is any noise?
Once you've been through that can you run through https://faults.plus.net please
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.