cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload , patchy download

Bidston

Slow upload , patchy download

Hi Folks, 

i am suffering from occasional poor download speed ,currently getting20ish Mbps as opposed to the 37Mbps that I used to get

Upload speed is shocking, usually around 1.5 - 2.0 Mbps. 

My Plusnet username is BoxCleva 

Attached screenies......

9 REPLIES 9
davenos
Rising Star

Re: Slow upload , patchy download

How are you connected when testing is it via Ethernet cable or is it via wireless?

What speeds did Plusnet estimate you could get? If its higher than the 21mbps profile your getting have you raised a fault?

Regarding your upload speed, depending on when you joined the 2mbps might be correct as Plusnet current only sell the 40/2 and 80/20 packages.

Deanoz

I have exactly the same issue, downloads are okays but my upload has dropped from 7mb to 1.8 at best. I logged a ticket Friday but no update as yet.

I've tried connected to the master socket only and the issue remains.

Bidston

ethernet connection or wireless makes almost no difference in speed. 

Dont know about estimated speeds 

I used to get a lot more than 2mbps. I joined in Aug 2015. 

Bidston

I'll probably just move providers to be honest as I'm out of contract and I can get the same service from SSE for less than half what I'm paying PNet. And to be honest the the fact I posted about this issue 4 days ago and haven't had the courtesy of a response from PNet staff demonstrates the utter contempt they have for their clients. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Bidston

Sorry for the lack of response on the forum. I can see your connection has been up for over 16 days, however the profile has changed in this time on our side. Can you try a disconnect/reconnect of the router and see what your speeds are like now?

The upload speeds of between 1.5Mb/s and 2Mb/s are correct for your product, we stopped selling the faster upload on the 40Mb/s download last June, prior to you signing up.

@Deanoz

The last paragraph is correct for your upload speeds too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Deanoz

Thanks @Chris

I didn't sign up after June though and nobody made me aware of the change to this product.

My last contract expired in August so would have expected to have been given a choice at that point. Also doesn't explain why the download connection is so poor.

Chris
Legend

Hi Deanoz,

Can I suggest you start your own thread with your issues so it's in one place instead of in someone elses query thread.

Also doesn't explain why the download connection is so poor.

I thought you said the download was OK?

I have exactly the same issue, downloads are okays but my upload has dropped from 7mb to 1.8 at best.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bidston

Thank you. 

I used to get more than 2mb download. I don't think 2mb is acceptable. I also think the service on here and via the phone is pretty poor to be honest. Regrettably I am still under contract to Pnet until Feb 2017 at which point I will be immediately giving notice. 

Chris
Legend

The 2Mb is your upload speed, I'm afraid that although you may have had more previously this is the service we advertise for the product you are on.