cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload - not getting the 9.5Mb/s

suilvenorkney
Dabbler

Slow upload - not getting the 9.5Mb/s

My upload speed has been getting slower over the last month. I got an email saying upload speeds were going to be improved and speeds of up to 9.5Mb/s was spoken about.  The BT speediest indicates the upstream IP profile is 10Mb/s - is there some setting that is throttling back my upstream speed?Speedtest.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Slow upload - not getting the 9.5Mb/s

The crucial words here are "up to 9.5Mbps"  i.e. it is a possible maximum upload speed but not everyone gets it depending mainly on the distance from the FTTC cabinet. You are on a fairly long line getting around 21Mbps download speed so your upload speed is not going to be very good. Upload speeds seem to fall away rapidly with distance on FTTC services but yours does look extremely low so hopefully PlusNet will investigate this. By the way the upstream IP profile is always fixed at 10Mbps on the 40/10 fibre service so that is not significant.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

What speeds have you been seeing?

I'd take a look at your estimates at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ just so you know what to expect from your connection. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
suilvenorkney
Dabbler

The upload speed is usually around 1.8 - 2.2 Mb/s