cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload line capped?

digit101
Hooked

Slow upload line capped?

Hi, my line has slow upload for a few months now. It seems to be capped at 0.8mbit and attainable is around 1.6mbit. The upload speed never changes.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this? Download speed is excellent 26-28mbit

Thanks

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Slow upload line capped?

Hi @digit101 

Hope you're doing well, thank you for reaching out via our Community Forum regarding your broadband speeds, particularly your upload speed.

I've done some checks and can see that although the broadband was provisioned correctly, for an unknown reason, your upload speed has been capped at 0.8Mbps. the line also appears to be incorrectly banded at a maximum download speed of 35Mbps. This is not having a large effect on your download speed however, which is coming in at 27Mbnps, within the estimated range.

I've now raised a fault with our suppliers to investigate the issues surrounding your upload speed. Our technical Support Team will review this within the next few days and will provide a further update from their end.

If you're interested, I've popped our GEA test results in this post for your reference.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU28632510

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 27.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.8 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1361.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-35M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-0.8M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-05-13T19:15:00
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow upload line capped?

Hi Tom,

Just to follow up I've arranged for your line to be reset which should lift the banding and cap on the upload speed.

This would've been placed automatically by the software at the cabinet (the green box in the road) normally if there's an underlying issue but line tests aren't showing the cause for this.

If your upload speed doesn't improve after 3 working days or there are further issues, we'd likely need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

We'll get back to you via the ticket 214687413 that Adam's raised on your account as soon as we know more but feel free to post back here to let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet