cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow unlimited fibre

ohdaesu
Dabbler

Slow unlimited fibre

Been having a lot of issues for the past few months with my 76meg fibre I have had engineers out to check my line all say its fine reset the line etc... which seems to sort it (ish) but only for a few days/weeks then it reverts back to around 28/5 meg.
When I first had it installed I was getting 70/20 even though now they say my line will support 60/20.
I've tried numerous routers currently running a new Asus RT-AC66 which seems very stable.
10 REPLIES 10
ohdaesu
Dabbler

Re: Slow unlimited fibre

BT wholesale results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 28.28 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-29.04 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 29.04 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.93Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
thunderer
Grafter

I've had the same issue.
First installed was getting 65-68 Mbps, then recently the problems started and I've seen it drop from 65/68 download to 55, 50, 48, 45, 40, 38, 32 and that's where it is currently.  Angry
Very unhappy.
sjptd
Grafter

One possible reason for that sort of drop is star wiring,  Check to see if there are any extensions (used or not, including old Sky boxes, alarms etc) that are wired from a junction box on the incoming feed BEFORE the master socket.
ohdaesu
Dabbler

I have unplugged everything only the modem directly into the master socket, tried different cables routers etc... the master socket is the first and only thing on my line into the house, I then have a phone plugged into the phone socket on the master.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Been suffering the same issue as well with my 76Mb/s fibre on a 80/20 sync line. It's been a struggle for the past two months with Plusnet to get them to get the problem resolved. After two months, three engineer visits and almost daily conversations with Plusnet; the issue is still ongoing.
This is on a wired connection using Openreach Modem & Plusnet router, I'm using short cat6 cabling and the problem persist even whilst connected directly to the Openreach modem of which I have two different models as the BT Openreach engineer left me a spare. The engineer also replaced the spool of cable from the pole to my property.
Between January 2014 to January 2015 I got 76 down and 19 up without any fluctuations.  So my line is more than capable of achieving 76/19 as it did so or an entire year since signing up.
I have a feeling that the exchanges and PTP cabinets are being overloaded with too many connections.
Check out my thread below:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136493.0.html
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@ohdaesu So that we can assist further, could you please raise a fault report (faults.plus.net)?
@sjptd and @vindaloojim Our faults team will be updating you shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ohdaesu
Dabbler

I have done, apparently the line has been fixed and should be upto full speed, but it is not, just asking on the forum if anyone else has/is having issues
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Sorry, I didn't see it on your account. I'm going to do a few quick tests for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I misunderstood the previous update on your ticket. It's with the diagnostic team with our supplier now. Matt has taken ownership for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

Quote from: ohdaesu
I have done, apparently the line has been fixed and should be upto full speed, but it is not

I've been told the same thing by Plusnet about the same issue.