cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

stagg1983

Slow speeds

Hi any one help. My download speed seems to be all over the place keeps going up and down also if when there's more than 1 person using the WiFi the streaming becomes very laggy and I'm on faster fiber. I've seen another post on here saying the SNR level was incorrect could this be why I'm having so many problems.
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Slow speeds

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @stagg1983,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your connection. I've tested your line, however the test isn't picking up the cause of this from here. So that we can determine the best next steps towards a resolution for you, please can you confirm whether this is solely affecting wireless connections or if wired connections are affected too?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
stagg1983

It's affects both wired and wireless.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @stagg1983, thanks for confirming.

Testing your line shows the speed is currently banded at 16.5mb, it looks like you were previously only in sync a little higher than this but we have sent off for a reset to remove the banding. This should usually be complete with 24 - 48 hours. 

There's likely an underlying cause as to why this happened (it looks like there were some errors occurring) so would be advisable to have a run through our troubleshooting here and get your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
stagg1983

Thanks for your reply, please can you let me know when the banding has been removed. Will I receive faster speeds once this has been done? My last provider I was receiving 26mb download speed. Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @stagg1983

I can see the request was sent off yesterday so you should hopefully see an increase within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Hopefully, your speeds increase back to the previous levels you had but if not let us know and we'll investigate further

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stagg1983

still slow speeds nothing as changed yet had to reset router again today because it went down to 8mbs im starting to regret changing from my other provider as i was getting 26mbs with the same deal

stagg1983

just done another test back down at 8.82mb/s download speed ridiculous this is especially on a 33mb faster fiber connection not happy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Thanks for getting back to us @stagg1983 

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing speed problems. As per my colleagues response, we need to allow 24 to 48 hours which while I agree is frustrating it doesn't include weekends I'm afraid.

If you don't see an increase by the close of play on Monday, please let us know as we will then need to arrange an engineer visit with yourself to investigate further and reset the line manually the old fashioned way.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet