cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds, over billed, lied to......

pnpsuknet
Dabbler

Slow speeds, over billed, lied to......

We have been with PlusNet over a year on standard fibre, no real issue but the speed wasn't the fastest for fibre but still we were getting over 30mb.

We then upgraded to the top fibre package, and not seeing any improvement with the fibre we contacted plusnet we went through the normal diagnostics which as I previously used to work onbehalf of BTHome IT was used to all the tests that were required.

Test socket showed no improvement, the socket was installed within the last 5 years by openreach as it was a new install in our new house.  

I was blackmailed into having an engineer by plusnet, either that or nothing ps you run the risk of been charged £65 if no fault is found.  Guess what openreach called me today to say no fault was found outside as our connection is outside in the street, and that could be the inside wiring as builders install their own. however it was them that put the line in as we had to take time off to have it installed!!

They are coming back next week again todo a master socket test, I don't think its a wiring issue as it would be intermittent on the speeds I have also tried a very faster router from work which gives the exact same speeds.

Going on to the billing issue we have been over charged as they didn't apply any offer discounts, promised direct debits would come out at the right amounts then still having  a lot higher taken.

When I did work for BT plusnet used to be the better service of the group, but the service now is shocking. Anyone have ideas about this, I think going to have to take it to the regulator.

Tests have been done on the lan and WIFI

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Slow speeds, over billed, lied to......

Hi @pnpsuknet thanks for getting in touch on our forums, I'm really sorry for the issues you have recently encountered.

It looks like your speed fault is in hand with our faults team and an engineer booked in to investigate further and we'll check back for an update on the visit has taken place. Though the fault may not be internal, having access to the property will allow them to test the line in it's entirety and help locate and resolved the fault. 

I'm sorry you feel blackmailed into having an engineer, it's certainly not our intention to make you feel this way. If we have tested your line this side and see nothing our side that we can amend to improve the speeds, then the only way to progress is with an engineer and the statement is read in all instances of raising a fault to our suppliers. Our own domain checks are there  to help rule out internal causes to reduce this possibility.

With regards to the billing issue, I can see my colleague has personal ownership of this for you and has taken steps to ensure the correct discounts/ refund have been applied issued, the latest update is on the ticket here.

Please get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team