cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds due to incorrect profile on line

Youngsie97
Grafter

Slow speeds due to incorrect profile on line

Hi for the past couple of months my connection has been hard capped to 59Mbps and 12 Mbps upload speed  as this has remained consistent for months and my draytek modem reports that my attainable speeds are actually 65mbps and 18mbps I have come to the conclusion that I likely have a low profile set on my line and was hoping somebody could bump this up to the service max for me please  I choose to wait until now due to the pandemic and people with complete loss of service but would love for this to be resolved assap.

the profile for my line is

IP Profile for your line is 58.07 Mbps
according to bt whole sale test

and the status page of my modem shows as such

Thank you for your time

-Connor Youngs

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow speeds due to incorrect profile on line

Hi Connor,

There's no incorrect profile I can see, your router's reporting a sync speed of 59.9mbps so the IP profile of 58.07mbps would be correct. It's normal for the IP profile to be 90-96% of the sync.

Your line is banded at 60mbps though "0.128M-60M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-12M Upstream, Error Protection Off" so I've arranged for a DLM reset which should go through within 3 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

Awesome you are a star, ~I should have reached out ages ago its been like this for the past 5 or so months !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem at all, let us know how it goes over the week

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

Unfortunately since the changes I am having constant connection drop outs I am seeing 4-5 a day at the moment and my line is very unstable, there must be a fault along the line somewhere?