cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and huge ping spikes

Sparxeh
Dabbler

Slow speeds and huge ping spikes

Hey, so have been with Plusnet for a while. Hoping a staff member on the forum here can help? I was going to ring tonight but may struggle.

I've not had issues ever until yesterday, all of a sudden my internet felt sluggishly slow. Checked my router and the sync (including the max attainable in technical) had dropped from 60Mb down and 15Mb up to 9Mb down. Also pings had shot up, all websites are taking ridiculous times to resolve DNS and pings are few hundred ms in games now, it's unplayable!

I rebooted the router and my max attainable jumped back and my sync says it's on ~60/15 again, but my speed tests are still 9Mb download but 15Mb upload, with my pings still spiking to 150-300ms and this heavily impacts game I'm rubber banding everywhere.

Can you please check my line as unsure if there has been some damage to my line or noise caused? The only thing I thought is I know the power grid did some work yesterday morning for the day not far down the road, so wonder if their drills did any damage - who knows...

It might just be a DLM reset or I may have had a fault hit me. It's a new build house that's only just over 5 years old, and the copper is good quality and brand new laid after we moved in to our local PCP cabinet.

Few screenshots here from my router, sync, tracerts and ping tests from last night and today.

Link here - https://imgur.com/a/Ph9FIyS

Hope to get some help swiftly Smiley

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Slow speeds and huge ping spikes

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sparxeh
Dabbler

The issue appears to have cured itself this evening - last night and lunch time today was still horrendous.

I'll monitor it for now again. Hopefuly it was just a DLM thing and it rectified itself.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's good to see Sparxeh! do shout up if it becomes an issue again though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team