cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and dropped connections

macks1966
Hooked

Slow speeds and dropped connections

For a while now there seems to have been a problem where the router loses connection and reboots itself occasionally, didn't seem to bother me much until the past week and on some days it seemed to be constantly disconnecting and reconnecting, Just done speed test getting 7.8 down and 0.7 up, less than half i normally get and about a third of what i got when i first joined years ago, sorry like enoughs enough probably time to switch its ridiculous.

9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Slow speeds and dropped connections

Hi there, thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to see that you're getting a poor connection as of late. Sad

Tests on the line this afternoon have uncovered a potential fault with the network, though according to our KBD, the source of the issue is supposedly within the customer domain.

Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to fix the issue internally. If the problem persists, head across to faults.plus.net and raise this with our Technical Support Team. In the Additional Information section, pop in some dates / times (AM or PM) where you'd be available for an engineer visit. If you'd like to give me a nudge on here once you've done that, I'll be happy to get it raised with Openreach to get the ball rolling sooner.

Troubleshooting Guide - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
macks1966
Hooked

Ok, I've finally got round to moving my router to plug into the master socket which is a MK3 Openreach socket, i plugged the router straight into the top socket of the box, it was previously on an extension upstairs fitted by BT. Left it a few weeks and still consistently getting reboots of the router but maybe not as often, download speed was still very slow, around 2 - 3 mb/s. Ive now connected a BT smarthub 6 purchased on ebay, no difference in speeds but ill leave it a few days see if it gets better and reboots cease.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @macks1966 and I'm sorry to hear that troubleshooting has now resolved the problems on your line.

I've just created a ticket on the account which we'd like you to respond to, confirming your availability for an engineer visit. Please let me know when you've responded and I'll get it raised. Smiley

Adam
macks1966
Hooked

Good morning, is there still a fault on my line, the bt router I'm using has been fine and was getting about 20mb down and 4 mb up and no rebooting issues at all until last night and this morning where router was dropping connection every few mins. Internet was impossible to use, however things seem to have settled again and hasn't lost connection for over an hour, getting 20 mb down and only 1 mb up. I know you recommended an engineer to visit last time but i honestly thought the new router fixed the problem as there have been no issues for 6 weeks. Is there a problem with this line or not.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @macks1966, thanks for getting back in touch. I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing further issues with the service and router hasn't resolved this for you. I'd really like to help get this sorted for you.

I have tested your line and can see a high number of drops with many errors being detected, so we will likely need to go ahead with the engineer visit.

I have created a fault ticket here with the next steps in getting it progressed for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221668140 if you add a reply just give me a nudge on here and I will get that picked up and progressed for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
macks1966
Hooked

ive replied with preferred dates/times, thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me, I am sorry for the delay in picking up your reply.

It looks like a member of the faults team have beat me to it and got an engineer booked in for you. Let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
macks1966
Hooked

Engineer fixed the problem
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff @macks1966

Thanks a lot for letting us know, please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance at all. Smiley

Adam