cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and disconnects again

caldersey
Dabbler

Slow speeds and disconnects again

I'm on the 80/20 connection and originally had speeds of 35/10 and regulation disconnects. A fault was detected and it took three engineers to fix the problem (the first two failed to) but my speeds went to 70/15 and the disconnects stopped. 

Now, a little over a week later, my speeds have dropped to 25/12 and the disconnects have started again.

This is getting tedious now, can any PN employee explain why this is happening?

5 REPLIES 5
ginourie
Dabbler

Re: Slow speeds and disconnects again

I have also been getting disconnected every few hours which is really annoying. It has only really been this week that i have noticed it though. im on the 38/2. but speeds have been dropping since the disconnects started happening.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@ginourie

If you use the Plusnet Hub One router then this maybe the issue https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
caldersey
Dabbler

The disconnects don't coincide with uploads and it doesn't explain why my speeds has dropped from 70mb to 25mb.

ginourie
Dabbler

Same unfortunately. I have been checking router logs and it has been disconnecting while I have been at work and practically nothing is using the internet.

I also had an enginner come round today to check the line and everything seemed fine to him, he even fitted 1 of them master sockets with the filters built into them.

caldersey
Dabbler

Internet is virtually unusable today, disconnects every few minutes.