cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and constant disconnects.

caldersey
Dabbler

Slow speeds and constant disconnects.

Had three BT enginners round to fix a problem with slow speed and disconnects. Speed went from 35mb to 70mb and the disconnects stopped.

A week later my speed's dropped to 25mb and the disconnects have become more and more frequent to the point that the service is almost unusable, it's literally disconnecting every few minutes.

I rang PN last friday to report this but as yet nothing has been done and no one has been in contact. Both my wife and I run our online businesses from home and this is impacting us greatly.

I'd appreciate it if someone could look into this please. @Anoush could you help please?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Slow speeds and constant disconnects.

I'll get this picked up for you shortly.

[edit]

Our tests are showing a external issue which we've raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

One of my colleagues is in the process of looking into your fault and will update your ticket here shortly.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
caldersey
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew & Anoush, much appreciated.

caldersey
Dabbler

@Anoush, An engineer came out on Saturday, did something at the green box and my speeds increased to 68 mb and the connections seemed stable. This lasted approximately a day and once again I'm getting disconnects and my speed varies anywhere between 6mb - 68mb (It's currently at 10mb).

A month and four engineer visits later and I'm still not getting the speeds or the stability I'm paying for. I'd appreciate it if you could, once again, investigate this for me.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yeah, the connection still doesn't look good:

I've sent the fault report back to BT wholesale to investigate further. The ticket on your account is with our faults team and they will be in touch once we have an update.

Apologies for the issues.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button