cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds all week

simonanddaniell

Slow speeds all week

Please can someone help.  Since signing up with Plusnet I've always had download speeds of around 13Mbps via FTTC.  This week I stopped being able to use catch up tv via sky which I figured must be due to internet connectivity issues, so I ran the BT Wholesale test which tells me my download speed is 1.99Mbps (for completeness upload is 1.86 and ping latency 360.00).  What could have caused this reduction and how do I fix?  I imagine additional info will be needed but am unsure what
7 REPLIES 7
sjptd
Grafter

Re: Slow speeds all week

First, confirm that you are using a wired connection to the router.
Second, rerun the BT Wholesale speedtest, continue on to Further Diagnostics and show the results it displays.
simonanddaniell

The connection was wired
I've attached the additional diagnostics
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is interesting - the profile (i.e. connection speed) is fine so the problem must be elsewhere
Can you check the Current Line Speed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
simonanddaniell

Jim
That link suggests the current line speed is 40Mb.  I know my house is some way from the cabinet which is why the speed I normally obtain is around 13 Mbs
LukeS
Grafter

Hi simonanddanielle
Everything looks OK on this ends, the router is in sync at the following speeds :-
Downstream Speed 13.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.1 Mbps

Have you tried running a speedtest using a Ethernet cable?
simonanddaniell

Hi Luke
I'm not sure if I've misunderstood but I did run the speed test using a wired connection.  Is this what you mean?
LukeS
Grafter

Hi,
That is what I meant (I missed your first reply). The next step would be to connect directly to the modem - <a href="http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows-7/"> Link </a>
I can see a ticket has been raised to faults and we'll be in touch soon but it will help if this has already been done.