Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds agian, after engineer visit

FIXED
sue85
Dabbler

Slow speeds agian, after engineer visit

We had a fault 2 months ago where the internet would cut out when the phone rang, the engineer came round and reset the line and it was at full speed again running fine. Recently the sync speed has dropped again and won't go fast again. The hub has been on for about a month but no change. Can we get another engineer to reset the line again? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Slow speeds agian, after engineer visit

Fix

Hi @sue85,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that the issue is occurring again and apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you.

I appreciate this appearing to be straight forward however looking at the fault ticket it was resolved and closed at the end of August. In order to escalate this to our suppliers Openreach we will have to submit it as a fresh fault, Openreach would require your own checks to be done first too.

Looking at the diagnostic test results I have just carried out, I can see there is some regular daily interference, this lines in with what you say. The downstream speed is 59.1 Mbps and upstream it is 15.4 Mbps, this is lower than you'd expect for the product but perhaps symptomatic of the interference.

Please can you follow the troubleshooting as well as connect the router to the test socket  so I can confirm the issue. Please can you also access the ticket to accept the engineer statement and let us know here once you have done the checks and accepted the statement, so I can take this forward.

Thanks - LF