Slow speed

14 REPLIES 14
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Slow speed

@wolfheart,

The link you've posted is a tad broken but these are the results you got (for anyone viewing this thread).

From the testing I've done everything looks like it should be performing as expected (mid-high 70s speed). 

I'm just wondering if your router is setup correctly. I can see you use your own router, an ASUS I believe. Is this configured to connect to Fibre, and not ADSL? 

It might be useful to provide details of the router make and model so we can direct a little easier should we need to. 

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

The router is an Asus rc-ac66u

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

Also we are being hacked and they are doing denial of service attacks etc. As you can see from my output in linux you will see 2 android boxes (we do not have any android boxes). As for the 169.254.0 i am suspicious.

Screenshot from 2019-02-01 21-07-03.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wolfheart Do the anbox0 interfaces not belong to an anbox android emulator installed on your machine?

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

No I do not have any android software including emulators etc installed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

The router is an Asus rc-ac66u

@wolfheart I assume that's a typo and you mean an rt-a66u. In which case you must have a modem as well somewhere because that's a cable router ?

I'm just wondering if your router is setup correctly. I can see you use your own router, an ASUS I believe. Is this configured to connect to Fibre, and not ADSL?  

@JOLO I'd be pretty sure that if you configure a modem or router explicitly for ADSL only on a Fibre enabled line then it won't sync, unless of course the ADSL jumpers have been left in at the exchange(unlikely). Are we sure the line is a Fibre line ? those speed figures look remarkably like ADSL ones to me!

The sync details from the modem would be useful

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi ,

Yes it was a typo and its setup for ADSL.

wolfheart
Grafter

I forgot to mention the ASUS Rr-66u IS A router is connected to the Plus Net modem what my dad got when he signed up.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

and its setup for ADSL

If it's an rt-66u then there is no setting for ADSL or Fibre, there's only the PPPoE settings. Any ADSL or Fibre setting will be in the modem. What make/model is the modem ?

@JOLO if this really is a Fibre line , could you do a GEA test please ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@MisterW - GEA test shows Fibre sync speeds 

est OutcomePass

Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000

DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .

Main Fault LocationOK

Sync StatusIn Sync

Downstream Speed73.6 Mbps

Upstream Speed20.0 Mbps

Appointment RequiredN

Fault Report AdvisedN

NTE Power StatusPowerOn

Voice Line Test ResultPass

Bridge TapNot Detected

Radio Frequency IngressNot Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected

Cross TalkNot Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres434.6

Upstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Downstream Rate AssessmentGood

Interference PatternNot Detected

Service ImpactNo Impact Observed

Home Wiring ProblemNot Detected

Downstream Policing Discard Rate0.0

Customer Traffic LevelUpstream and Downstream Traffic Detected

TechnologyVDSL

Profile Name0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Thanks, 

MoR

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks @MasterOfReality , is there any possibility that we're looking at different accounts somewhere? The OP's posted speeds look VERY ADSLish

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

I I believe the modem is an BT OPEN REACH, I will have to check model etc... Also I tried connecting the the internet with the password (broadband) that is now in my brother Mark's account ant I keep getting an error saying check with isp about problem with dhcp.

wolfheart
Grafter

Hi,

I only wanted to lock the connection down and lock the network to i.p.s instead of random. and make it more secure and plan on using a firewall like smoothwall or one on Arch Linux. Also next week I plan on getting the following and does it work with plus net and also do you have the settings for it please as my dog has broke the antennas on the rc-ac66u and I want to upgrade anyway as had this old router a while now anyway below is what I want to get  :-

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'