cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed

dragon123

Slow speed

My broadband speed has dropped to 20mb for the past couple of weeks when previously I was getting around 50mb. Could someone from support check this please? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Slow speed

Our tests are showing a external issue so we've raised this to our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@MatthewWheeler we're also experiencing significant slowdown and high latency.

slowPing.png

Please Note that I'm not posting about my own connection, so can you look at the IP of this post rather than the username associated with it please. If you need any form of authorisation let me know.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@matthews Our tests aren't showing any issues and your ping graph isn't showing any obvious issues.

By slowdowns are you referring to speedtests or just general browsing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@MatthewWheeler Thanks for the response. General browsing is slow, with latency for pretty much every web request showing as >100ms. The graph looks very off as far as I'm concerned, as it normally looks like this one (from my own connection which is working fine).

fastPing.png

The problems seem to start yesterday morning, was cleared up by yesterday lunchtime but then have re-started now and are still going.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The graph further up can often be seen if the connection is being using a lot, when the problem is occurring can you provide a tracert to somewhere like bbc.co.uk so we can see the increase in latency?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.