cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed with fibre

Haylz88
Dabbler

Slow speed with fibre

Good morning, I have recently upgraded from broadband to fibre. Received router yesterday and followed instructions to set it up. We are still having problems with speed and it isnt any faster. Will there be a reason why?
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow speed with fibre

@Haylz88  Good morning. For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Haylz88

I'm sorry to see you're now getting fibre speeds. I've checked your fibre order and the work to move you across hasn't actually taken place yet, it's due to go through on the 28th July. This was delayed due to engineer availability unfortunately.

Let us know if you're still having issues after then and we'll be happy to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Haylz88
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,
I have been having problems with the fibre. Iv have been checking speed and it seems ok but youtube on my kids tv keeps freezing. Is there anything i can do to see if there any is problems? http://mybroadbandspeed.speedtestcustom.com/result/58115280-fe6e-11eb-84c7-df5fdfb93e88 this is my speed test result
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Haylz88,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Are your kids TV's connecting via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Haylz88
Dabbler

It all through wifi thanks
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this @Haylz88. Are you able to connect the TV's via Ethernet connection instead to see if the same issue persists. Based on what we can see this is most likely a Wi-Fi issue, so a wired connection would work best if at all possible. If not, I'd recommend changing the wireless channels your router is operating on, which we've got a guide on here. I'd also recommend splitting the Wi-Fi networks your router is operating on and we have another guide on this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team