cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed new customer

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Slow speed new customer

Hi. Recently signed up to PN Tuesday this week. Speed estimate was approx 25 to 35. Min of 22.4. However now it seems to have settled at about 11. I've done 2 BT tests and one states that my IP profile is only 12mb. I've attached some screen shots for the plusnet experts to peruse. So far I haven't wired up with ethernet. Cheers. Paul

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Phone number removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

14 REPLIES 14
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Re: Slow speed new customer

2nd attachement

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Phone number removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Dirkdiggler,

I'm sorry you're having problems with your speed. I've run some tests on your connection and it's clear there's an issue somewhere.

Your estimates are as detailed above, and your minimum guaranteed speed is 22.4Mbps but the router is only syncing at 12.8Mbps which is why your throughput is low. 

I think this is probably going to need a fault raising on your service, but before we go down this route would it be possible to confirm and describe the setup you currently have? Is the router plugged directly into the main master socket (if not can you do this and let us know so we can retest), any extensions? 

If you could provide a picture of the router setup and location that might be useful, if not a description is fine. 

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Great, thanks Joe. I will check this when I go home. 😀
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Hi, so here is a photo of what I have. We don't actually use the house phone so no phones and no filters. Plugged direct into the master socket as per photo. I'm sure they fitted this about 3 years ago when BT renewed the line coming into the house. The router is the standard plusnet hub one. Cheers. Paul.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks @Dirkdiggler

If you unscrew the bottom part of that faceplate, the test socket is underneath in the bottom right.

If you could try the router directly into that test socket (you'll need the microfilter that was in the box with the router) and let us know what the results of a wired speed test are, that would be great.

Best wishes

Dave

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Hi Dave. Sorry for delayed reply. Was away with work. No improvement at all from removing the faceplate and going straight in (we actually only have this socket in the house anyway). I've done 1 bt wholesale test which was rubbish(attached) since then I keep getting a TAP3 error. When. I do a ookla sppedtest I Sometimes will get 12meg ish and others as in this case 1meg 😬
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

So we can investigate further I'd recommend raising a fault here and posting back once you've done so.

This will allow us to get this picked up straight away

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

OK. Thanks. I've done this now 😀
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @Dirkdiggler.

Due to scheduled Openreach maintenance on their faults diagnostic services, we're unable to raise the fault until around 17:00 this afternoon when the maintenance completes.

I've noted down your account and you'll receive ticket notification between 17:00 and 18:00 this evening with further information on when we can expect the issue to be resolved or of any next steps.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Thanks. Fault now logged and I've responded to plusnets request.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Dirkdiggler

Thanks for letting us know.

I have now updated your ongoing ticket with further information. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

So engineer comes out. Says he can only deal with faults, not speed issues. To me if I'm supposed to get 22 to 35mb and I'm getting 12 then that is a fault! Also said its because there are so many people on the exchange! That doesn't make sense either--they are not all on at 1am in the morning when I've tested it and also only got ~12mb so surely I should get higher at that time when nobody else is on. I'm sorry but I'm not paying 65£ call-out charge for this! Seems like it's been a waste of time! 😡
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

youll get there in the end typical engineers who dont want to do anything but eventually u will get a decent one who actually does something and fix the problem hes talking rusbbish just didnt want to do anything request plusnet to get another engineer out to you ......god enginners are so bone idle and lazy well some of them

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Dirkdiggler, I'm sorry to hear the engineer doesn't seem to have given much explanation or support regarding your speeds. I can confirm however and have done via a ticket on your account the engineer looks to have got to the bottom of the reason behind your lower than expected speeds.

The ticket I've updated on your account and ongoing fault can be found here

The graph which shows the comparison between distance to cabinet and speeds can be seen below. ( Your conenction being VDSL2)

Please drop us a ticket on here when updating the ticket on your account and we'll happily get this picked up for you.