cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed for 2 weeks, slow response from Plusnet, 1 hour wait on phone

herbopoulos

Slow speed for 2 weeks, slow response from Plusnet, 1 hour wait on phone

Currently on day 10 of a support ticket trying to get to the bottom of why my 70Mbps service is suddenly 10Mbps during the day, and 5Mbps at night. I've done all of the tests I've been asked to do, each one telling me what I already know, and today an engineer came out and told my wife there was "...nothing wrong with the line..." then changed out the router for some reason, and left. Since then (12 hours ago) I've heard nothing.
I'm now sitting on hold trying to find out what's next.....and the wait time is more than an hour. I only became a customer 3 months ago and frankly I am ready to cancel based on this total drip-drip service. Can someone please tell me if there is a special secret to getting something other than Bot updates on my ticket?
Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
Woldebog
Dabbler

Re: Slow speed for 2 weeks, slow response from Plusnet, 1 hour wait on phone

Welcome to the club herbopoulos,
you can check, that thread:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,144762.msg1276492.html#new
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@herbopoulos
I've had a look at the fault ticket and the next stage is to pass this through to 'complex faults', this is track down where any congestion may lie and to investigate further. Our faults team will get this updated and respond to your ticket asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rofltron
Dabbler

This is normal. This is what Plusnet do now.
Depending on the results of the next update to my fault, I may well be terminating my contract.