Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed after Plusnet Hub One router

FIXED
kennethk
Dabbler

Slow speed after Plusnet Hub One router

Today Openreach finally fixed my FTTC. The sync speed is 64Mbps. However the speed I am getting at my machine is 20Mbps down/15Mbps up. The Openreach engineer measured the incoming internet cable to the router and the speed was ~60Mbps. It's a new Plusnet Hub One router, so I'm not sure if it's the router that is slowing down - I asked a new one anyway, but any one has any ideas what is causing this? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Slow speed after Plusnet Hub One router

Assuming you are using a directly connected wired device for your testing, it is likely that your profile needs resetting. This should happen automatically, although it may take a day or two.

You could get in touch with the Help Desk and ask for it to be checked/done, or wait in the hope that a staff member sees your post and steps in.

kennethk
Dabbler

Thank you for reply Mustrum. My computer is directly connected to the router via ethernet cable.

BTW test says "IP Profile for your line is - 64.51 Mbps" - does this men my profile has been already set correctly...?

Thanks again

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I believe there is also a PN profile, it used to be found in the member centre, but I think it may no longer be there, that is what is restricting your speeds.

Alas no PN staff answered today, let us know how it is tomorrow.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @kennethk

Thanks for getting in touch.

I think this is an example of where your line is actually being "banded" because it's on the wrong product profile at our supplier's end. Although the line is providing a speed higher than you're experiencing, the profile is reducing this as it thinks that's what you're paying for - obviously this isn't the case.

I've asked one of my colleagues to amend this for you and it should be in place with 24 working hours. If you're still not seeing improved speeds by Tuesday morning, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

Best wishes

Dave

kennethk
Dabbler

It now has been rectified: 61.36Mbps downstream / 64.76Mbps sync speed. Thank you so much for your help Dave!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @kennethk,

I'm glad to hear that your speed has now improved and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the drop in speed caused you.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems with your connection or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team