Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow peak time speeds Leigh on Sea Exchange

dajg711
Hooked

Slow peak time speeds Leigh on Sea Exchange

Hi

I am on 40/2 FTTC. Currently getting 35/2 sync speeds. If I do a speedtest at offpeak time I get around 31mbps download speed. If I do the same during peak times (early evening is the worst) I get down to around 3mbps to 9mbps. This has been verified over multiple weeks. Download speeds are low either downloading files or torrenting and connecting or disconnecting to a VPN makes no noticeable difference. I have tried changing gateways - little difference, currently on pcl-ag01. I am on the Leigh on Sea exchange, cabinet 15. Also can I have a DLM reset to remove my banding, 62 days uptime and still banded.

3 REPLIES 3
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Slow peak time speeds Leigh on Sea Exchange

If you are getting around 35mb during normal hours that's expected on the 40/2 package. What makes you think you're banded?

Hopefully plusnet pick this topic up tomorrow and check for congestion.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
dajg711
Hooked

I know that I am banded because my modem tells me. I was banded at 25k now at 35k 8db snrm with max attainable of around 40k. My username on DSLWebStats is dajg if you want to look at the connection.

Still no response from plusnet.
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Do you get banded to 35mb when on 40/2 package is the question. Is this the way plusnet maybe limit you to 40/2 package speeds.

35mb on this package is normal speeds iirc and they won't change unless you upgrade of course.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up