cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or stopped fibre.

TOMBOX
Hooked

Slow or stopped fibre.

iPlayer is struggling to play without stalling. Wired in to router. Not WiFi. Regular drop outs. This was rarely a problem before going to fibre. Am I missing something? Plusnet have told me the dropouts aren't frequent enough to flag up. Surely this is not what I paid for. Hub one  fibre since january 17. Customer since the days of free online. Beginning to wonder what the alternatives are.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow or stopped fibre.

Checking your line is showing a few disconnections, however none since Monday afternoon:

Are you seeing more frequent dropouts than shown on the image?

Do any other service buffer?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TOMBOX
Hooked

The buffering is when watching iPlayer on demand via modem Ethernet cable to humax to TV.

My PC has been getting CPU fan replaced since Monday so not on. I don't recall all the drop outs. 

I've had to reset more often with this hub one than I ever did before pre fibre. I'm also looking at getting an  network adaptor card for my PC as it seems to not always find the hub one. 

My tablet on WiFi failed on Sunday.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like your service is running on a hot virtual path.

This pretty much means that the equipment at the exchange is overutilised. It's due to be fixed on the 14th July, however, I've contacted our suppliers to see if we can move your service to a cooler VP which should happen within 24 hours.

Our faults team will keep you updated via this ticket.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet