cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow line speed - 1/3 minimum guaranteed speed

circa1665

Slow line speed - 1/3 minimum guaranteed speed

Not sure how to proceed.
My minimum guaranteed line speed is 27Mbps.
The highest we’ve seen is around 7Mbps.
I have screenshots of Speedtest from my phone and we have also checked wired connections from a PC and via WiFi on a MacBook Pro.
We’ve switched from Talktalk and while it’s marginally better, it’s less than 1/3 of the speed we should be getting as a guaranteed minimum.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed phone number from exchange check
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Slow line speed - 1/3 minimum guaranteed speed

Moderators Note.
Moved to fibre from broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Run though the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but costs you nothing, and makes Plusnet aware of your issue, they have to look at it, and gets the issue into the queue for action.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've run some line tests for you and found a potential fault or two. The fault is coming up on the PSTN (phone) side of network so I've logged it with Openreach. If you're still seeing issues by Wednesday and haven't heard from our faults team let us know and we can chase this up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
circa1665

Hi Tony,

Thanks for looking into this for me - could you elaborate and tell me what the potential faults might be?

Will look out for any improvements by Wednesday or any further contact from faults team.

Thanks again
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there.

It was showing on the Openreach system that there was a disconnection at some point in the network. This has been raised to Openreach and they will be able to fix this for you externally. Let us know if you haven't had an update by Wednesday or if the fault is still occurring on the line and we can chase this up for you.

circa1665

Hi, thanks for all your help so far! I had a call from Openreach today - and they said that they "fixed it". The speed is definitely better, now 15.2Mbps we're still not hitting our guaranteed minimum 25.6Mbps (apologies I said 27 earlier - 25.6 is the figure I have on my account page) - please advise on next steps. The package I'm on is for 30-40Mbps.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi there.

I have taken a look, and we can see speeds of 36Mbps from our side. Can you confirm that the test you have ran was a wired test? We are, however, still seeing a potential issue on the broadband side. I have raised this back to Openreach for you. We expect a response once again within 48 hours. Hopefully the latest tweaks should have made it more stable for you as we are seeing an improvement on our side, but it doesn't quite look fully fixed.

You can see an update on your ticket here. If you haven't heard anything back from us by Thursday morning, drop a message back on here and we will chase it up for you.