cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow-ish speeds after activation

aronas1234
Hooked

Slow-ish speeds after activation

I just had my fibre activated about 2 hours ago. I'm getting about 20Mbps download (peaked at 24Mbps) and only 1.8Mbps upload rate. The package I have on my account is the 78Mbps and in the current line speed it says 78Mbps but in estimated line speed it is 2Mbps. I read other topics and I heard it is something about still having the old profile instead of the new fibre profile. Can anyone help or is this normal?
Edit: Download speed now at 36Mbps but upload still won't budge from 1.8Mbps.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Slow-ish speeds after activation

You've been put on the wrong product by the agent who placed the order.
I've placed a order to move you onto the right one which will complete tomorrow but you still should be getting better speeds then 24mbps download.
Was the test ran over a wired or wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

You can check your Plusnet line speed at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It is probably still set to your ADSL speed.
Get onto CHAT or phone and ask the nice person to set your Current line speed to the correct FTTP value.
or you could wait and hope that some staffer sees the message and actions the change.
I would bookmark that link as it is the only way to see your Plusnet speed. And check it regularly as sometimes the speed gets reset especially in the first week or so.
Once it is set to the correct value, then from your router perform a disconnect and reconnect so that the router picks up the correct speed.

Also ask for your FTTP circuit ID as you may need that to get past the Further Diagnostics screen on the BTW Speed checker.

edit: Matthew posted while I was writing, but still get the circuit ID if you are on FTTP, not applicable if on FTTC.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
aronas1234
Hooked

It was ran over a wireless connection.