cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow(ish) fibre speeds

darfergu73

Slow(ish) fibre speeds

I have recently upgrade to the top fttc package, I was getting 39.95mb on my old one.

I know that it is not as simple as getting double this after upgrade, but I am only getting 56mb/s when I thought it would be close to 70mb/s.

When I was with bt I was getting 76mb/s.

Does the line still need to 'train or is it my new speed permanent.?

4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Slow(ish) fibre speeds

Hi , when you signed up did they not say what your speed should be ??  what does it say here when you put your  phone number in ?

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
darfergu73

The clean shows as 60-80 with a hand back rate of 54.

Like I say last time I was on the upper product I got 78. I am almost at spitting distance to my cab.

My upstream rate is 20mb/s so I am maxed on that.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

See this thread Fibre-Broadband/Why-am-I-paying-for-Fibre-Extra  particularly @RichardB explanation in post #4

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

darfergu73

So basically the Plusnet supplied gear is not capable of supporting speeds greater than 55ish on my connection ?

Luckly enough I have an old HH612 modem to use, flashed it to B030SP08 firmware to support G.INP/ReTransmission. Have left it over the weekend and if anything my speed has dropped. I just dont understand how the line that supported pretty much 80Mps on BT, now only supports 55Mps on Plusnet?

My dad is an ex senior BT engineer, and he has asked the local bt guys what my line should be getting as a min. They have said at least 71Mps.

It has now got so bad it is almost at the min guaranteed speed of 54Mps, what happens if it gets to this ? Do i get to break contract and go with a supplier (BT) who can actually deliver the speeds that my line is capable off and that I actually pay for ?