cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet and hub drops

RossF

Slow internet and hub drops

Lately things are getting worse with our internet. We called the support and they set up the 5Ghz and standard channels which helped momentarily but we are now suffering internet drops without any hub prompt (hub light still showing blue) or the hub going red. I tried to restart it using the button but had to resort to pushing a pin in the back to press the reset switch. I know there will be plenty of posts like this but I don’t know where to go or what else to do to fix these issues
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Slow internet and hub drops

@RossF 

Welcome to the forums. For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Slow internet and hub drops

Hi @RossF,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested your line this morning and I haven't been able to locate any underlying line faults, with the connection to the router remaining stable and a downstream sync speed of 60.8Mbps currently being achieved. The type of reset you've done is called a factory reset and will have returned the router back to the default factory settings. Have you noticed any difference in performance since carrying out this factory reset? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team