Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre

cheap62003

Slow fibre

Hi,
  New to PN. So a big hello to everyone.
Just had fibre to cabinet and phone fitted on Monday. Things didn't go well. Not PN's fault it was a problem with my line Sad
Anyhow after a few phone calls the problem was sorted out for Thursday. I got home and was expecting lightning quick internet, but it was slow at 14.5Mb.
It is no quicker than my old adsl sky connection. I think their must be a cap on my line or am I being a little bit impatient.
Is there any Mods on here that can give it a tweak
Cheers
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Slow fibre

Hi and welcome to the forums.
We mods are just customers like yourself and have no access to your accounts.
I am sure a member of staff will be along to help soon but please bear in mind it is a Bank Holiday weekend.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@cheap62003
It may be faster to phone or chat with Plusnet to get a response.
The Plusnet line speed is shown at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed , and you will need your username and password to log in to check the speed. This link is not available anywhere on the Plusnet member centre so you would be better off bookmarking it for future reference.
Once it has been set correctly, you will need to log on to your router, click disconnect and then connect again to get the faster speed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
cheap62003

Thanks for the reply's. Have managed to raise a ticket on the problem.
It looks like there is still a fault on the line  Angry
Right it's time to get drunk. Cheesy
Cheers peeps