Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre

rickesh10
Dabbler

Slow fibre

Hi,
Today my fibre bb is really playing up.  Its been slow on and off but i've seen a considerable decrease today.  Results from speedtest are:

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be?  I should be getting somewhere near the 38mbps but I understand those speeds are estimates.
I am on a wired connection with the original equipment.
Many thanks,
Rickesh
13 REPLIES 13
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Slow fibre

Hi rickesh10,
Unfortunately, it's looking like a phone fault. I've raised this to our suppliers (the text was from me), and we suspect it to be resolved by 20/07/2015.
Let me know how you get on.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rickesh10
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
Thanks for the update!  Its really appreciated and i'm glad you guys are looking into it Smiley
Kindest Regards,
Rickesh
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

No worries Smiley Apologies it's bad news.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rickesh10
Dabbler

I'm just glad there's a reason Smiley
rickesh10
Dabbler

Hi,
I just wanted to give an update and say how appalled I am with the level of service I have been given by plusnet.
So, after the issue with my telephone line was resolved, I found that my internet connection was dead.  Rang plusnet and told them. Was advised that it was raised and that it should be resolved in the next 3 days.  Then I got a call on the 3rd day to say my internet was down (which I already knew) and that an engineer had to come out.  Engineer comes out and says there is a fault with my fibre port in the cabinet and that should be fixed in the next day.  Ring up plusnet and get advised that they will chase BT Openreach and give an update in 72 hours.  I then get a text and not even a courtesy phone call to say that some new ports will be installed into the cabinet and i'd get an update on the 31st of July.  I've been without a connection for a week and possibly without one for two weeks.
I honestly cannot believe this is how you treat your customers.
rickesh10
Dabbler

So its been over a month now and i'm still without an internet connection.  An engineer was meant to come out yesterday to fix the cable tie but who knows if that actually happened!  I was meant to get an update from the faults division and from the customer services department but that didn't happen.
I just can't believe how useless Plusnet have been in this.  No updates until I chase them and then I get fobbed off by saying it will be escalated which means absolutely nothing.
I wanted to post here to highlight how badly you treat your customers.
This post will most likely be ignored by any plusnet moderators...
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: rickesh10
This post will most likely be ignored by any plusnet moderators...

As we are simply customers we cannot influence the outcome of your issue.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Strat i'm thinking the OP is referring to the CRT rather than Mods such as your good self, that said the CRT have been very quiet around these parts you use to see them on a daily basis now it's pot luck if one shows up what's happened to them all  ???.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Some of the team have all been on this afternoon but I have noticed [because it's happened to me] that posts for whatever reason do appear to get over looked by the digi care team or whatever they are called these days.
Overworked perhaps?
rickesh10
Dabbler

Hi, sorry I didn't mean the moderators but the Plusnet care team.
After me speaking to Plusnet again it transpires that BT had put the call in the wrong queue and its now been correctly assigned for the 21st of this month.
TBH, i'm not sure who to believe anymore.  I can't see why this has taken 5 weeks for an engineer to go out and it just seems like Plusnet do not care.
Lets see what happens on Friday...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear it's still down.
Leave it with me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rickesh10
Dabbler

Thank you Matthew
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've made one of our Faults agents aware and you should have a update soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team