cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre speeds

dee1farmer

Slow fibre speeds

Hi I wonder if you can help. I transferred to Plusnet Fibre extra on 26th February, so now almost but my speed is so slow, i have run various speed tests always coming out around the same, I think my minimum guaranteed speed is around 60, I am getting nowhere near that. Constant buffering, at the moment I wish I hadnt changed supplier. Is there anything that can be done to enable me to get the speeds I am paying for. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dee

Your speed test results

Postcode
[Removed]

Your download speed

This affects how quickly you can get hold of movies, games and music from the internet and how smooth it is to stream TV.

3.2Mb
Your upload speed

This affects how quickly you can post photos and videos on social media sites, add email attachments and even send emails.

9.8Mb
Distance from exchange

The closer you are to an exchange, the faster your connection will be. A 'close exchange' is considered to be up to 4 miles away.

0.7 miles

Stats about your area

Average download speed 8.2Mb

61% slower
You are61% slower than average

Average upload speed 2.6Mb

281% faster
You are281% faster than average

Super fast fibre optic broadband means smoother video-streaming, better online gaming and quicker sharing of photos and videos.

Fibre is available

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed topic title

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Edited superfluous characters to make post more readable.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Slow fibre speeds

Moderators Note.

Split post into its own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Slow fibre speeds

Hi Dee. Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

Our tests are showing your router in sync at 73.9mbps and aren't finding any issues.

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your speed is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and further help can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, please can you run a speed test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com completing the further diagnostics?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet