cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre speeds

Jbutton
Dabbler

Slow fibre speeds

My internet speeds are never matching my guaranteed speeds, been like this since switching (which I’m starting to regret doing) my speed test normally range for 15 - 25mbps

Here is what I should be getting.
Your broadband service

Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
Estimated Download Range: 54 - 72Mbps
Estimated Upload Range: 16 - 18Mbps
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 49.6Mbps
Current Line Speed (Download): 78Mbps

Is there anything anyone can do it maybe help with the issue please.
9 REPLIES 9
Jbutton
Dabbler

Re: Slow fibre speeds

Can anyone who works for Plusnet look at this for me please? if I reboot my hub I will get around 60mps but within 24 hours im back down to 15-25mps.

rooky
Grafter

I am in same boat they keep saying it fine but it isn’t 

Jbutton
Dabbler

its happens everytime,just checked my speeds at its around 25mbps should be 60-70.  I thought there were advisers on here who could help by doing a check or something.

Jbutton
Dabbler

Just rebooted my router now my speed is 58mbps. anyone else suffer from this problem?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Jbutton,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the speed of your broadband. Thank you for letting us know that the speed improves when you reboot your router but then drops again within 24 hours.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ashlipipit
Hooked

We've had this off and on the years we've been with Plusnet.  Currently in an On period where this is happening over and over, normally at times you really need it.  Good luck trying to have a Zoom call (the sort of ones you were able to have two weeks ago when it was all stable).  No one can ever seem to say what the problem is - well rather that there's no problem.  Openreach have been out and the physical line is fine which we suspected was probably the case.  The one time it stays static seems to be around contract renewal time so we've stupidly renewed every time assuming a fix was in only for it to start off only a few months later again.

rooky
Grafter

Who you with now
ashlipipit
Hooked

Still Plusnet rooky.  However we now have a massive calendar note to remind us not to renew and try elsewhere come the next renewal!

Jbutton
Dabbler

I’m really unsure on what is the best way to deal with it. I should of stayed with sky fibre.

If it continues I will have to ring up and see what they say, I don’t hold any hope of it being sorted though.