cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre speeds since swtiching

jonathanlayton
Dabbler

Slow fibre speeds since swtiching

I switched to Plusnet Fibre back in January and have had problems ever since with my speeds.

I've had engineers out but no change.

I was since told that their were issues with my port at the box on the street and they would be fixing it. I was also sent a new router to see if that was the issue. This was a few weeks ago but still my speeds are rubbish (worse than non-fibre previously!) Latest speed test below!!

I'm still being charged (and paying) for guaranteed speeds of 34mbps - what does this guarantee mean as no-one seems to be trying to sort out the issue!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Speed testSpeed test

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Slow fibre speeds since swtiching

I believe that the guarantee means that if the guaranteed speed cannot be attained 30 days after reporting it then you can cancel your contract without penalties such as cancellation charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jonathanlayton 

I've tried to test your circuit again today to see what is happening in real time - but our suppliers tests results are not available as the initial fault was still open on their side.

I have asked then to close this so we can retest. This can take up to 24hrs to fully complete.

I'll check on this later in the evening and if results are provided I'll update this thread, if it's still pending a close, then I'll update this thread tomorrow. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I'll keep you posted and give you the results as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR 

jonathanlayton
Dabbler

Cheers MoR - I'll await your update. Hopefully something will get sorted soon!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

No worries @jonathanlayton - i'll check on this in an hour or so and update you on here with the results or let you know it will be tomorrow. 

Thanks for the understanding and patience you are showing. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jonathanlayton

Just a quick update to let you know that the speed results for your line are still unavailable, however, I have been able to re-raise this back to our suppliers for investigation. I'll keep an eye on this throughout the day and let you know when they come back with further info.

Best wishes

Dave

jonathanlayton
Dabbler

Hi. Any updates for me as I'm still waiting?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies for the delayed response.

Our tests are showing a potential external fault but we'll need you to raise a fault here so we can investigate further.

If you can post back once you've done so we'll get that picked up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jonathanlayton
Dabbler

I keep being told that I have an external fault with my fibre port but nothing seems to get done about it! There should therefore already be an open fault registered as It's never been resolved. I started to complete the fault form via your link but haven't got the time to complete all the checks again tonight. I'll have to start again at the weekend when I next have chance! Feel like I'm just going round in circles!!!!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jonathanlayton, I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues. Apologies it feels like you're making no progress with this issue however I'm hoping to get this progressed for you. The previous fault you had open regarding a port issue and awaiting on a LUMMS case to complete did so and looked to resolve the previous speed issue you were having . The speed issues you're currently seeing however don't look at the time to be related to the previous port issue you had and I can see the current fault raised with our suppliers is advising we get a engineer out to investigate further.

As the issue we are detecting as seen below could be either internal or external we would advise a few troubleshoot steps to do your side to rule a few internal factors out before we look to book an engineer appointment.

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1613
Description Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 27.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.2 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised Y
Estimated Line Length In Metres 655.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress  
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk  
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Retransmission Low
Time Stamp 2019-03-21T20:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 27.5 Mbps 27.7 Mbps 27.6 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 1.1 Mbps 2.0 Mbps 1.6 Mbps
Up Time 749.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 16.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-04-03T19:10:36Z 2019-04-03T19:25:36Z
Ingress Code Violation 1 1
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here:http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the speed issues stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

By all means if the issue persists after going through the troubleshoot steps and when in the test socket then if you could please udate the ticket I've left on your account here with the required information we'd be happy to progress this further. Please also drop us a message on here whether you reply or if the steps look to improve the speeds.