Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre from day one

smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Slow fibre from day one

Could someone please take a look at my fault ticket #98148550 and my original forum post (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=136104.msg1194217#msg1194217) as the supplier seems to have closed the fault  and no one has got back to me about being put on your ADSL platform so as to at least be back where I was speed wise as 3846kbps downstream when I was quoted 28.4Mbps is no good when I at least got 8700kbps on ADSL2. All the engineers that have been have said I am too for from the cabinet to get any faster than it is now at 3846kbps on fibre and the only option they could see was to return to the ADSL product. I use this connection partly for my business and everyone was very helpful to start with but it has gone very quiet now and I wonder if perhaps it has been missed when the supplier closed the fault. Many thanks in advance for any help.
Kind regards
                      Mike...
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Slow fibre from day one

Hi,
Thanks for the update on these matters. I've checked your account, and it looks like the fault itself as timed out but the ticket is still open with the faults team. They are continuing to investigate for you should be in touch asap.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I don't think there is any fault investigation required, the OP is too far from the cabinet and was given a wildly optimistic speed estimate. The obvious course of action is to return the connection to ADSL2+.  Smiley
smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@ plusnettony. Many thanks I will await a response and hope it gets sorted soon.
@RealAleMadrid Iknow what you mean but unfortunately I suppose they have to go through certain procedures before I can be moved over as I also came from another supplier when fibre bringing my line as well and you would not believe how good customer support is here in comparison from where I was before. I have had great help from the staff here and the forum and I do appreciate all your help :).  Thanks for your interest I will take any help I can get Grin
Kind Regards
                      Mike..