cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre extra speed

bmanic

Slow fibre extra speed

Hi,
    I Have recently become a plusnet fibre extra customer (as of Tuesday 28th October), the transition from BT has been great so far :). I wondered if someone could take a look at my line speed as it seems to be low compared to what my suggested speeds are.
    I am connected to the router using Ethernet not wifi and I live approx. 200m from the green cabinet.

I realise that I am supposed to let the system settle for 10 days but the speeds seem slow to me, could anyone take a look please?
      Many Thanks
      Andy
10 REPLIES 10
Method0ne
Grafter

Re: Slow fibre extra speed

Have you tried running a BT speedtest? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ wait for the test to run, then select "Further Diagnostics" at the bottom.
That should give you the BT Profile for your connection, my money is that while it's updated at their end, it hasn't automatically updated at Plusnets' end, seems to be a fairly frequent issue.
bmanic

I have run the tests but the 3rd test where you change you router settings keeps giving me errors and no results ;(
Dhaos
Grafter

The BTspeedtest diagnostics page looks weird, the bit where it shows your acceptable speed range "40Mbps- 24.96Mbps" Exactly your IP profile speed.
As a example mine is 70-77.44 and my ip profile is 77.44, Maybe a bug on their end?
Method0ne
Grafter

Could be that the BT testing system hasn't updated to reflect your connection change, might be worth waiting til the morning and testing again.
Whatever the case may be, you're likely going to have to wait til the morning for anyone from the DCT to take a look at it on their end, unless you want to try your hand at phoning customer support (good luck if you do though, last time I tried I was on hold for 45 minutes without answer at which point I gave up).
bmanic

Thanks for the reply's, ill check again in the morning, no need to phone as the connection is working and stable just a little slower than I expected.
bmanic

Anyone from Plusnet able to shed any light on this problem?

ive opened a ticket regarding my slow speeds
  ticket number 93849407
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I can't run a full line test at the moment, but I can see your profile at our end, which was 80mbit, changed to 27.4 yesterday. I've changed this back to the maximum I can (78Mbit). If you could please re-authenticate and let us know if you've seen an improvement and then we can advise further if you still have problems.
Thanks,
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bmanic

Thanks Tony
  OK will do when I get home from work

bmanic

Hi again,
     Here are the results I am getting today
      Is there any other information that I can give you to help?
bmanic

I would just like to thank everyone at PlusNet for their speedy resolution to my slow speed problems  Cheesy
  Openreach engineer visited today and found a fault at the cabinet which he has repaired  Grin