Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre broadband.

FIXED
petelane1951
Grafter

Re: Slow fibre broadband.

@HarryB

Thank you for yesterday's update and your hard work. 

I have spoken to Dorset Superfast Broadband team and they have advised me that my addressshould receive a higher speed but are still trying to obtain an answer from BTOR. 

My speed according to them should be as below according to dlschecker.bt.com.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availibility Date

WBC SOGEA Availibility Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 77.2 56.9 20 19.9 50.7 Available -- -- Yes
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 66.5 39.8 20 11.7 32.4 Available -- -- Yes

This was obtained by them using my address which I removed rather than telephone number and is what they expect to be achievable using cabinet 19 which they confirmed is a stand alone cabinet. 

The figures obtained using my telephone number however only allow 11 Mbps because it is connected incorrectly to cabinet 8. As BTOR have said that we are on cabinet 19 why is my line rate slow? 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The escalation I raised yesterday has been accepted by our suppliers and they've asked me to book a fault engineer to go out to confirm the routing of the line Roll_eyes

I've raised a fault report requesting this and I'll continue to keep you updated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
petelane1951
Grafter

Thanks Harry. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

I've now got an engineer booked in for tomorrow and I've also contacted our suppliers explaining that they do not need to access the property and that they only need to go out to confirm the physical routing of the line as per the escalation I have raised (1038826)

I may not have an update tomorrow, but I'll periodically check the notes and provide a further update as soon as I'm able to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
petelane1951
Grafter

Final update. 

Finally after much much hard work @HarryB and Anoush have got my line moved to the correct cabinet. This has been despite incorrect information being provided by BTW on many occasions.

Thank you to both Harry and Anoush for their good customer service and persistence.

My speed has tripled and I can now get TV from Plusnet.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's finally sorted, apologies it took longer to resolve than any of us would have liked it to.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet