cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre after upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra.

hellrid3r

Slow fibre after upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra.

Hello, I upgraded my fibre after finding out the upload on the previous package I was on was no good for my needs.

I had called to upgrade and I was talked through it all and was told the speeds I was looking at, which coincidentally i was on near enough 65 meg with my previous isp sky, I had moved here for cheaper bills and was sick off skys [-Censored-].

I though to myself when I moved here i don't really need all that speed the upload is good enough for my needs however I never looked at the packages properly so I had to end up upgrading (still hella cheaper than sky)

Anyway I was told my line would be put back on training, i have never saw it go faster than this 

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 22:13:49
Downstream: 46.65 Mbps
Upstream: 14.87 Mbps

Estimated speed 48Mbps to 64Mbps

Is what I was looking at.

The drop out is when my electric went out yesterday, it is stable. Now it has passed nearly a month and I have no been told what my speed will be or anything and I have been watching it like a hawk, doesn't seem like any DLM training has been done at all.

If anyone can help me out with this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow fibre after upgrading from fibre unlimited to fibre unlimited extra.

Hi there,

We'd definitely agree that DLM has had plenty of time to do its thing despite the connection remaining adequately stable. 

I've run diagnostics which haven't shown an obvious cause for this but I'd still recommend raising a fault as the next step; http://faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hellrid3r

I could, but this is what I am thinking when I got the old package the DLM ran the 10 days and at the end of the 10 days, I was told my speed, when I upgraded this didn't happen this time so I don't think it has done it, all the time I have been living here I have not had a fault, I don't believe one would happen now, I could be wrong though. Could you not start the DLM off and see what happens please?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

There's nothing we can do to trigger DLM as it's entirely automated for fibre. It may be that DLM is the cause of the issue but we have to look at that from a faults perspective for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hellrid3r

Ok cheers bud, going through the fault link you posted earlier Smiley