cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fiber broadband

czarop

Slow fiber broadband

Hi,

I am on ultimate fiber extra with estimated speed of 65-66mbps and a minimum of 51.2mbps. However for a few weeks now my speed is around half that or less. Today it is between 10-20mbps (see attached screenshot).

Can you suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Re: Slow fiber broadband

Welcome to the "slow internet" club dude. Mines been terrible for 3 MONTHS now, its drove me literally INSANE ! I honistly think Plusnet is suffering with serious congestion and / or faulty racks in the data center as Openreach have been out to my connection SEVEN times and, for the most part, reported no faults.

I really cant understand why they havent started looking elsewhere yet but they keep focusing on the bit of line between the cab and my home. Theres MUCH more to the internet than that bit of line between my home and the cab t. Good luck anyways.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@czarop No doubt one of the Plusnet Help Team will be looking at this for you, but in the meantime, of you post the 'Additional Diagnostics' from the site on your screenshot, the result of BT Broadband , and your Help Desk tab from the Hub, maybe Community members will have suggestions.

John
jab1
Legend

@Deejsay1210 Same applies to you, but I suggest you start a new topic - it is difficult trying to deal with two posters topics in one thread.

John
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Sorry, I`m new to all this forum/community stuff. It wasnt a question, it was merely a reply to Czarop. My issue/s are WELL into being looked at, the many tickets and convo`s I`ve had over the phone have ensured that but still I`m suffering with it, oh well..... MERRY XMAS ALL !

jab1
Legend

@Deejsay1210 OK, I was only offering a suggestion.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @czarop,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a drop in your speeds recently. I've had a look over the account this afternoon and I can see that the line is performing as we'd expect, with a downstream sync speed of 72.9Mbps currently. When you'd carried out the tests on your end of things, were you connecting over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Also, are the speeds always this low on your end of things, or are they fluctuating up and down throughout the day?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
czarop

Well, you are in fact correct - I plugged into the router and get 66mbps.

Currently with wifi I get 2.5mbps - why is this? i have never seen such a dramatic reduction using wifi. I have 1 device connected. Is it worth changing the router?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us @czarop. If the speeds over Wi-Fi had been comparable to the Ethernet speeds in the past, but suddenly took a nosedive and have been that way since, it's possible that this could have been caused by something introduced into the local environment. Have you setup any new devices in the property recently, or made any changes to the way that the network is setup within the property?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team