Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed

FIXED
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Slow download speed

Hope you can help, I usually get about 39mbs down and 9up but for a few days I am getting around 3 mbs down with my upload speed the same as usual at 9 mbs .

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow download speed

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and tested your line and everything looks as we'd expect. 

Are you connecting over WiFi? If so can you give a speed test over ethernet ago and see if there's still an issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Tried the bt wholesale speed test with a cable and it was 8mbps down and 9 up, sometimes the speed is back to normal 36 mbps down and 9 up, has my connection at the exchange been conected to congested connection as it seems strange that the upload speed of 9mbps stays the same? We experiened this issue when we joined Plusnet, the enginner moved our cnnection to another line.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Our tests are showing signs of congestion at your exchange.

Our suppliers advise that extra infrastructure is due to be added on the 27th April. However, this is just an estimate and the resolution date may be pushed back.

I've raised a ticket with our faults team to contact our suppliers and look into moving your circuit to a less congested part of their network at your exchange. Worth noting that this might not be possible depending on how far the congestion goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Thank you for the quick response will let you know when the download speed returns to normal.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Cheers, do keep us posted. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team