Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download, high upload

FIXED
Strummer89

Slow download, high upload

Hi everyone,

I recently got Plusnet fibre extra and I am experiencing very slow downloads speed but high upload speed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

All the best.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Slow download, high upload

Fix

@Strummer89  Welcome to the forum.

One I prepared earlier:

If you are a new Plusnet customer and getting a very low download speed the chances are that your hub is not configured correctly and is still at the default settings.

The way that a new service works is that initially Openreach will activate the line. At this point the hub will synchronise with the broadband infrastructure and you may get connected at slow speed. The reason for this is that Plusnet have not activated the service at their end. The way that it’s supposed to work is:

1. The Openreach installation is completed
  2. Plusnet are advised.
  3. Plusnet set up the account and advise the customer that they can now connect their hub.
  4. The hub autoconfigures by changing the hubs default username and password to the customers personal settings.

This can go wrong.

What to do in these circumstances.

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@pludsls.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it).

If that doesn’t work.

1. Contact Plusnet

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Strummer89

Re: Slow download, high upload

Thanks all fixed now