Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection

Marksimons86
Dabbler

Slow connection

Hi,

I am getting <1MB download speed on my new line. 

Router is plugged in to main socket and my computer is plugged in to the router when i did a speed test.

I know we have slow speeds in the area but I was guaranteed at least 6 MB DL when signing up.

Can someone please look in to this? Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow connection

Hi there

I'd recommend running through the checks here and raising a fault to us here if that doesn't help as it's likely we'll need to arrange an engineer to further investigate.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Marksimons86

Thanks for raising the fault, I've taken a looksies into the ticket now and updated it by email.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marksimons86
Dabbler

So the BT Engineer came out and checked everything and concluded nothing can be done.

I guess the next step for me is to cancel? What is the procedure for this? Also we bought the line rental from plusnet to keep under the same provider so we no longer need that.

Or another option would be for us to change plans to Broadband, which is cheaper and would be the same speed?

The guaranteed speed was 6MB or so and obviously 1MB actual speed is not acceptable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So the BT Engineer came out and checked everything and concluded nothing can be done.

Sorry to hear that the engineer couldn't improve your speeds as your line is too long.

I guess the next step for me is to cancel? What is the procedure for this? Also we bought the line rental from plusnet to keep under the same provider so we no longer need that.

As we're unable to supply you with the contracted service you've signed up to, we are happy to write off your contract and if you choose to leave Plusnet we'll provide a refund of any subscription charges paid for a service you can't use.

Or another option would be for us to change plans to Broadband, which is cheaper and would be the same speed?

That's my recommendation and also the engineer's.

Whichever path you choose, I'd recommend getting in with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2]. At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet