cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband

Reklaw
Dabbler

Slow broadband

Hi, for the last 6 days my broadband speed has dropped from 32mb down to 22mb. My router shows it is synced at 37mb. I have rebooted the router, tried wired and wireless devices and a spare router. I have raised a call and the line test does not show any issues. On my plusnet account page it shows that my download speed is 23mb. Also, on the BT website it says my guaranteed minimum speed is 23mb so something seems very odd to me. Can anyone offer any advice? My line is an overhead line, goes into a BT box which my router is plugged directly into it. I don't have any extensions and I have also tried a different filter.

My contract is up on the 12th of January and if I can't get this resolved I will have to move to the dark side to get faster speeds. Sad
2 REPLIES 2
Reklaw
Dabbler

Re: Slow broadband

Is it possible that me connection has been capped? Does it need to be reset at the exchange or wherever? Can a plusnet mod look into this for me please.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow broadband

Hi @Reklaw I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I've tested your line today and while I can see your router is now getting a good speed of 37mbps for your length and quality of line, your connection has been dropping frequently within the past week, which had lowered your speeds to around the 23mbps you've mentioned.

Your line speed has picked up to a higher speed as well as the profile on your account, but your download speed looks to be capped at an old profile. If you can reboot your router you should see a higher download speed than you are currently.

There's definitely an underlying issue we'd need to investigate, because our testing is showing your line in bad shape. Unfortunately we're unable to arrange an engineer visit while there's a cease on your line to stop your services.

From experience if we try to book an engineer while this is in progress, the supplier system more often than not simply cancels the engineer visit either outright or at the very last minute.

I'm happy to take this on personally moving forward to try to get this resolved for you, but we'd need to cancel the cancellation request so we can progress the fault. If you're happy to go ahead, can you reply to your fault ticket Here with your availability for an engineer to visit and that you're happy for us to cancel the cancellation request.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet