cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband after storm Christoph damage

AJ2020

Slow broadband after storm Christoph damage

Hi,

Last Wednesday during storm Christoph our broadband and phone kept going off. Thursday it was better but still not stable. 

I suspected the overhead line may have been damaged by a tree at the edge of our property. Climbing up the tree to look confirmed that I could see exposed copper where the line crosses the tree trunk.  The tree has since been cut back away from the line, and the line damage covered with self amalgamating tape.

Our download speed has gone from around 38Mb to 23Mb.  I guess it's been slowed down by DLM as the router is reporting the max data rate as much higher.  Upload was around 4Mb, but the line reset at around 3am last night and is now back up to about 7Mb.

So I have two questions.

1) Can Plusnet reset the DLM to restore the download speed?

2) Will Openreach come out and fix the damaged cable?

Thank you,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
ecrTech
Grafter

Re: Slow broadband after storm Christoph damage

Hi have you tried BT Outage and Maintenance Checker? click on this link BT Outage checker type in your telephone number and click Search to see a list of current and recent outages and maintenance.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@AJ2020 Quickest way to report the damage would be by calling Openreach on 0800 023 2023 (option 1) so an engineer can go out and raise it to be fixed. 

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

AJ2020

Thanks @Thrall, I've reported it to Openreach via the online chat, lets see if they do anything!