Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow and Slower

@jim13 wrote:

Many thanks

Much appreciated.

Jim

No problem at all Jim. Let me know how the engineer visit goes.

@198kHz wrote:
@jim13 wrote:

This is where I start most mornings. Near 20 Mbs is fine for me. Problem is that it slows as the day goes on and I usually end up with low single figures. It's a mystery.

May be of some relevance?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Openreach-engineer-finds-no-fault-PN-want-to-send-anot...

Having gone through that thread, I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant as they seem to be having throughput issues at peak times though the jury's out whether that's a capacity issue. Plus they're in different areas so can't be to do with one exchange. It's a good shout though but I think we're looking at two separate issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gandalf wrote:

@198kHz wrote:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Openreach-engineer-finds-no-fault-PN-want-to-send-anot...

Having gone through that thread, I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant as they seem to be having throughput issues at peak times though the jury's out whether that's a capacity issue. Plus they're in different areas so can't be to do with one exchange. It's a good shout though but I think we're looking at two separate issues. 

Not capacity as such - more likely packets dropping somewhere "up the chain" in the internet architecture, where the individual exchange is not relevant.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes, the engineer arrived yesterday morning and worked his way through the whole system until he managed to have my download speed running at 30mbs (never been that good before) so I’m perfectly happy with the outcome. The positioning of my laptop within the house was a critical factor. A few inches left or right and the speed tailed off . Needless to say, I have marked off the prime position with a large X

Many thanks indeed to the OpenReach engineer and everyone else who helped solve a mystery that has manifested itself quite often over the past year or two.

I think we can mark this as job complete.

Regards

Jim

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for letting us know @jim13 and I'm glad to hear that your issues now appear to e resolved. Please do let us know if you have any further issues at all and we'll be more than happy to help. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds